Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 1 of the blog

I've always loved writing: my thoughts, interesting words that POP into my head, random emails to my friends etc... Two years ago I made a decision, I am going to stop entertaining ideas that one day, I will be "discovered" and be made an instant movie star. Instead, I am going to be the next J.K. Rowling. I am going to write children's books. I am going to write the kind of books I would've liked to read as a child.

My problem is: I don't know anything about the actual business of writing children's books, I don't know where to begin to do this, and I didn't really like reading when I was a kid.

Therefore, I enrolled in grad school. Next year I will be getting a Master's General Education.

Among other very important things, I've learned about children's literacy and teaching phonics to children.

This semester, I've started my last class before my comp exam. Possibly the hardest class since high school Biology: an independent study class entitled "Children's Book Publishing".

Goals for this class include:
1) Research publishers and their submission requirements
2) Write a Children's book
3) Submit book to publishers
4) Get published
5) Obtain a major motion picture deal for the rights to my book
6) Get a part in the movie
7) Become rich and famous
8) Direct

That's All!!

This will be interesting....

2 comments: